(click here go back to other Treatments)
Myofascial Cupping is one of my favourite and most used techniques to compliment massage during a treatment. It is a modified version of the ancient Eastern style Cupping (they use flames!). I use plastic cups and vacuum suction. This “draws” the soft tissue providing a tensile force to the soft tissue system. Depending on the location of the cups, they can either be left static for a prolonged period or moved along the tissue pulling up the tissue as it moves.
I have found cupping to be incredibly effective on different areas of the body, and I describe it to my clients as a pull rather than the push of massage. The drawing up of the soft tissue really encourages blood flow to the surface which helps to heel the layers of tissue.
The advantages of Myofascial Cupping are:
- Reduces tight knots adhesion
- Increases blood flow and tissue repair
- Increases your clients range of movement of joints
- Good to work with Neck and Back pain
- I most commonly use myofascial cupping on the legs, hips, back and shoulders. When used in conjunction with movement it is incredibly effective to increase mobility across joints such as knees, hips, shoulders.
Please note that sometimes, you can be left with red marks for up to a week. This isn’t anything to worry about, however, you may not want to have these marks left on your skin.